Friday, August 20, 2010

A dream, a day and a daydream...

One of the beautiful things about this life is the ability to create a new storyline everyday. Without losing sight of who I am, there are so many choices to make each day that I can virtually write the story of my life one decision at a time. I am struggling with this since my choices are frequently less than smart. I am trying to remember that this empowers me to create me! When I think about this, the impulsive me wants to drain the bank account and head to Paris where I will smoke, sit at cafes endlessly, drink pastis with a group of friends who talk things that matter and never settle. The other, more stable me, really wants to do the same thing...hmmm...For today I am choosing to enjoy the moments in my current life; I will savor the thick swirl of espresso at my favorite coffee shop, I will talk to the barista about what is going on in his life, I will pay attention and ask real questions, I will take a whiff of the cigarette smoke as I pass by a group of smokers in front of the coffee shop and I will daydream of Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment